Welcome – just about everyone enjoys listening to music, yet full fledged audiophiles are few and far between. You want a a sound system that’s going to sound great… which speakers should you get?
That’s a question that’s not easily answered by the layperson, so that’s where we come in.
Makeitsoundgreat.com publishes easy to read reviews and comparisons of a wide variety of audio products, with particular specialization in the outdoor/all-weather niche, where objective product information seems to be all the more hard to find.
- Good Design – They need to be built with quality materials in such a way that the full range of sound is projected well
- Good Power Metrics – This is relative, based on how loud you want your system to get, and how big of an area you want it to cover. Good Speakers will focus on the important metrics: nominal operating power, frequency response range, and sensitivity.
- They’re in the Right Room – You could have speaker with great individual specs, but if they’re not the right thing for your specific room, they wont sound their best.
- Weatherproofing – if you want to set your sound system up outdoors, you need to make sure the speakers, wire, and other components you buy are specifically graded for outdoor use
- Good Support – Great sound companies build great products. Some companies offer lifetime warranties for their products. That’s when you know what they make is built to last.
- Good Reviews – In this day and age, customer reviews count. Especially since many of them are an average Joe or Jane like you might be. Thoughtful customer reviews provide insight to their experience in using a product
- A Good Price – At the end of the day, you want to get your money’s worth. Moreover, you don’t want to pay for more than you need. There’s no point in having a four figure system that won’t ever get cranked above 5% volume.